Myisrael is a unique charity that supports 18 under-the-radar welfare causes in Israel. Donors choose which cause to support knowing that every penny goes directly there, since our operating costs are covered by donors who give specifically for that purpose. Our causes help people break negative cycles of poverty, poor health, neglect and abuse and our thorough due-diligence process ensures that every donation has maximum impact.
WHAT WE ACHIEVED IN 2021
Helping vulnerable people
- For many recipients, hot meals funded by Myisrael donors provides their only nutritional meal.
- The children and adults receiving therapy are desperately in need. Sessions funded by Myisrael donors enable abuse victims, children with special needs, families in crisis and troubled young people to break negative cycles and build a healthier future.
- Summer camps provide children with wholesome activities and social interaction whilst enabling parents to go out to work.
Supporting our causes
We support our causes in a unique way. Our process has been evolved over 14 years and we support our causes with so much more than just funding.
- Mentoring takes many forms; the Myisrael team identifies the needs of each of our causes. Most commonly we help with budgets, donor relations, impact measurement, marketing and social media strategy. But equally valuable is the sense we give our cause founders and directors that they are not alone and can call us for advice anytime.
- We allocate funds periodically from our General Fund, where donors choose not to leave it at the discretion of the Myisrael team to decide how to allocate their donations.
- Due diligence is of paramount importance to Myisrael. We want to know how our causes use the funds they receive, that they are efficient and transparent and that they’re achieving maximum impact.
Key to Myisrael’s philosophy is our desire to engage and connect communties, families and young people to our causes in Israel. We do this through outreach and special iniatives aimed at engaging new donors in a meaningful way.
- New donors came as a result of special appeals, our Match Funding campaign and in response to our social media activity.
- Our bespoke Bar and Bat Mitzvah programme is growing and attracting more children every year.
- Our virtual gift programme at Chanukah enages children of all ages and teaches the value of charitable giving.
- Feedback on donations means that donors stay engaged, and understand the impact of their donations
THE DIFFERENCE WE MAKE
“Myisrael took the time to sit with us and figure out what we needed to make what we do more efficient. We pinpointed the areas to improve and they also offered solutions. We know they’re just a phone call away and we consider them as much a part of our organisation as anyone else on our team! With their support, we’re not only able to help more children but also able to give them the proper care they deserve.”
Elisabeth Chemla - Director of Misholim
“I can’t believe a boy I’ve never met did this wonderful thing for me for his Barmitzvah! It’s my Barmitzvah too so his gift of a laptop and a bed not only helped me and my family but made my Barmitzvah something special too!”
“Myisrael is our go-to for gifts and donations for Jewish holidays. We love knowing where the money goes and that it goes to the smaller charities that we wouldn’t find on our own. And we love that every penny goes to the people who need it.”
Janine Helfgott Lowy